San Carlos, CA
Manufacturing Operations – Prototyping
As a Prototype Fabricator / Machinist at Zoox you will aid in the development of prototype as well as short run quantities of many parts needed by our various hardware teams. You'll work together with members from Vehicle, Compute and Manufacturing Engineering as well as your fellow team members. A strong aptitude for communication and Team dynamic will serve you well and is a core requirement for this role. You’ll be a hands-on contributor with emphasis on MIG welding, TIG welding, Shear, Brake, Manual Mill, Manual Lathe, Fixturing, CNC Plasma, and Acrylic Laser cutter projects small to large.
- Working closely with the Engineering team
- Producing high quality parts
- Communicating clearly via email, in person and via Google docs
- Taking direction well and confirming accuracy of instructions
- Interpreting prints
- Manipulating CAD models
- Applying GD&T to projects
- Reporting accomplishments via spreadsheet and JIRA
- Maintaining a calendar schedule
- Operating associated equipment (Mill, Lathe, TIG welder, MIG welder, Shear, and Brake)
- Using appropriate PPE
- 6+ years of experience as a professional fabricator
- Desire to continually develop your skillset
- Experience working with a cross functional team
- Knowledge of Solidworks, CATIA, dimensioned drawings and GD&T are preferred
- Ability to work well in a team environment and work autonomously
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.