Real Estate Development Project Manager
Foster City, CA
Finance – Facilities
As Real Estate Development Manager, you will be responsible for managing all real estate, design and construction activities related to Zoox deployment into one or more expansion cities. From concept to strategic planning to procurement/delivery- drive creative, financially sound decisions throughout development and deployment of mixed-use sites. New developments will range in scope from general office space to vehicle maintenance centers to EV charging hubs and other requirements. You will own the project’s outcome from inception to handoff to each operational team.
A successful candidate will be a Jack/Jill of all trades with detailed experience in Commercial Real Estate negotiations, procurement of entitlements and planning approvals, design and construction across a variety of property types. Prior history of successful and effective execution required. Focused and detailed financial acumen is essential. Ability to produce financial analysis and project plans that require C-suite approval required.
This role will report into the Director of Places & Build and will initially focus on cities in the Western United States; eventually growing to other regions.
- Manage the successful delivery of all real estate and construction activities for one or more new city deployments including scope definition, site selection, real estate negotiations, design development, project management and final commissioning.
- Manage the RFP and contract negotiations process for all consultants, contractors and vendors related to entitlement, design and construction of the project.
- Work with internal business strategy and operations teams to develop project charters for each project; clearly articulating the project vision, minimum requirements and all other desired outcomes.
- Formulate a development brief for review and sign off by senior management and executive committee
- Engage and manage professional real estate brokers to represent Zoox in site selection and lease negotiations
- Perform proper due diligence to confirm full understanding of building structural and MEP systems
- Make recommendations to senior leadership and secure necessary approvals for capital budgets
- In partnership with legal department and or outside legal counsel, lead all lease negotiations
- As needed, source, engage, and manage contractors, consultants, land use attorneys and/or lobbyists, and 3rd party project managers.
- Review, recommend, and implement value engineering opportunities early in the design process
- Assist team with resolution of issues related to the City plan check review process
- Assist with developing project budget/schedule and present to senior management on a monthly basis
- Prepare a weekly construction job progress report to update senior management; highlight key risks and suggested mitigations
- Collaborate with Zoox Operations team and manage the acceptance process for completed projects
- Secure close out package (as-builts, O&M manuals, warranty letters, etc.) from General Contractor
- Write “Lessons Learned” report to memorialize important issues to improve future developments projects
- Assist with the preparation of fiscal year budgets, along with the periodic reforecast of the revised financial commitments versus the budgeted.
- Makes necessary technical, professional, business and process decisions and ensures that all needed decisions are accomplished according to schedule, quality and budget guidelines.
- 10+ years’ experience in real estate development, architecture, construction and/or related fields.
- 5+ years’ experience directly related to full scale real estate development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate Development, Architecture, Construction Management, Engineering, Real Estate.
- Experience in conceptualizing, project planning, design development and project management of corporate real estate assets.
- Highly developed property lease negotiation and transactional experience complimented by a high degree of financial acumen.
- Sound understanding of real estate industry fundamentals and project feasibility analysis
- Ability to undertake and deliver full entitlements and EIR requirements
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction contracts and experience negotiating lease agreements
- Ability to effectively manage design & construction projects, including schedules, budget tracking and change orders
- Ability to produce and deliver executive presentations, project status reports and communicate deliverables to all stakeholders and senior management
- High degree of self-direction and personal time management skills; ability to work with little routine supervision and to identify and communicate questions or conflicts as they arise
- Intermediate/advanced skills in Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Experience in a high-tech, fast-paced environment.
- The ability to travel both domestic and international.
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine-learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.