Supplier Quality Engineer
Foster City, CA /
Procurement & Strategic Partnerships – Supplier Quality /
The Supplier Quality Engineer will play a key role in ensuring world class performance of the Zoox prototype and production supply base, and drive continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, driven, energetic, detailed and team oriented.
- Manage product and process development with suppliers
- Assist suppliers with development of manufacturing processes
- Review prototype and production part quality document submissions from suppliers, and provide feedback
- Issue corrective action requests to suppliers and provide support with their resolution
- Provide support to Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, and Vehicle Engineering regarding analysis and disposition of suspect supplier material
- Drive continuous improvement throughout the supply base using quality and lean manufacturing tools
- Improve Zoox supplier quality processes such as assessments, supplier management, part approval, and corrective actions
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- One to three years of experience in Quality, Supplier Quality, or Manufacturing, in the automotive, aviation, aerospace, industrial, consumer electronics, or medical device industries
- Experience using problem solving techniques such as 8-Discipline, Pareto Charts, and Fish Bone Analysis
- Experience using quality analysis and control tools such as Process Flow Diagrams, Process FMEAs, and Process Control Plans
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as die casting, machining, stamping, injection molding, printed circuit board fabrication and assembly, and mechanical assembly
- Fully literate in Microsoft computer applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in New Product Introduction (NPI)
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.