Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Engineer
Foster City, CA
Manufacturing Operations – Engineering
As the MES Engineer, you should have extensive technical knowledge and experience in MES system development and implementation. You will design, develop, implement, and test MES solutions to support manufacturing operations.
Your responsibilities include gathering user requirements, defining system functionality, writing scripts and/or code in various languages, such as Java, or .NET programming languages (e.g. C++, C#, or JScript.NET.) as well as working with the MES System Supplier Technical Team to implement MES in the plant. You should be familiar with the system development life cycle from preliminary system analysis to tests and deployment.
- Develop functional and detailed MES system designs
- Implement and test complex MES solutions using both custom developed software applications and off-the-shelf MES software platforms.
- Lead and/or participate in design and code reviews.
- Support other Zoox members in understanding, managing and achieving the expectations of various Zoox departments such as Manufacturing, Logistics, Quality, Business Systems, ERP, and PLM.
- Create and execute MES system test cases.
- Work closely with MES System Supplier implementation team to ensure successful implementation of MES system
- Be willing to travel moderately (10 – 20% on average) to support plant implementations, supplier interactions, or as requested by management.
Travel can be more intensive during plant startup support period.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or related field required (Master’s preferred);
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in MES implementation projects and manufacturing software project execution (requirements analysis, design definition, software development and solutions implementation);
- Advanced programming skills with high-level programming languages (e.g. C#, Java, C++, etc.);
- Working knowledge of SQL Server and literacy in Microsoft development software and .NET environment
- Experience in automotive manufacturing environment.
- Experience in implementing and/or integrating manufacturing automation solutions;
- Experience in creating automated scripts and software;
- Familiarity with HTML5 and CSS programming;
- Familiarity with PLC programming;
- Experience in interfacing ERP systems (e.g. SAP)
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine-learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.