Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Engineer
Foster City, CA
Manufacturing Operations – Engineering
As our Manufacturing Execution System Engineer, you will be required to design, develop, implement, and test software solutions to support manufacturing systems, such as the Manufacturing Execution System and system integration solutions.
At Zoox, you will collaborate with a team of world-class engineers and technicians with diverse backgrounds in areas such as automotive and robotics. Working at a startup gives you the chance to manifest your creativity and highly impact the final product.
- Develop, implement and test complex MES solutions using both custom developed software applications and off-the-shelf MES software
- Integrate connected software applications include ERP (SAP), Business Intelligence (Business Objects), and machine interfaces/automation
- Gathering user requirements, defining system functionality and work with software supplier to implement solutions
- Author and execute any software validation activities required to support and maintain the MES system
- Ensure that all Engineering activities are undertaken in accordance with the Company’s quality control processes and that the relevant standard is achieved
- Interface with external equipment and software vendors as needed to implement projects
- Take initiative regarding personal development, upwardly and laterally, in relation to the business
- Take actions that support the development and growth of Zoox
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a related manufacturing industry with at least 3 years in manufacturing software project execution
- Bachelors degree in a relevant area such as Operations, Computer Science, Engineering or Business Administration
- Ability to understand complex manufacturing processes and systems
- Strong background in computer programming and familiarity with MES software packages
- Understanding of the software development life cycle and familiarity with the various phases such as gathering user requirements, developing software code and/or executing test protocol
- Experience with integration and automation of manufacturing and test equipment
- Customer focused, positive, supportive, self-motivated, considerate personality required – must work well in a team environment.
- Project management skills
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.