Senior Hardware Test Automation Engineer
Foster City, CA /
Advanced Hardware Engineering – Hardware Engineering /
As a hardware test automation engineer, you will be responsible for developing Python software for autonomous vehicle subsystems using hardware-in-the-loop, component, and system testing methodologies for validation. You will be involved in developing and maintaining test frameworks for these applications, and you will work closely with mechanical, electrical, firmware, and systems engineers to develop the tests that run on these frameworks. We are looking for someone who’s enthusiastic, innovative, and a self starter, and is excited about joining us in bringing advanced autonomous vehicle technologies to market.
- Develop application frameworks, scripts, and firmware/software for prototype and production testing of embedded computer and sensor subsystems
- Design and implement software for system-level testing of embedded firmware and hardware for a hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) environment
- Work collaboratively with design engineers and project managers to plan and execute component and system test campaigns
- Document software to make it easily accessible to others both within the team and outside of it
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- 5+ years software development experience or equivalen
- t3+ years experience with hardware testing, firmware development or equivalent
- Experience designing and implementing complex software solutions and frameworks
- Object-oriented programming experience (Python required)
- Experience building cross-platform software with source control (Git)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Prior experience in working with communications protocols including CAN, Ethernet, TCP/IP
- Design and build tooling to allow post-processing and visualization of test data
- Experience with Jira, Bamboo, CI/CD, and test driven development
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.