Staff Software Engineer - High Performance Computing Infrastructure
Software – Software & Machine Learning Infrastructure /
Zoox is looking for a software engineer to work on our custom High Performance Computing infrastructure and its supporting ecosystem of tools and services. This infrastructure is central to development workflows across all Zoox software divisions, from data engineering to computer vision perception to simulation and more. You will take on a breadth of end-to-end responsibilities including distributed system design, algorithmic job scheduling, and adaptive cloud scaling in support of all of Zoox’s computational needs.
- Design and implement improvements to Zoox’s in-house, cutting-edge HPC infrastructure
- Investigate new distributed system paradigms and technologies to meet Zoox’s ever growing computational and storage needs
- Create production-grade web service APIs, SDKs, and other tools to provide a world-class developer experience for all of Zoox’s software teams
- Experience with distributed systems
- Proficiency with Python, Java, or other managed languages
- Bachelor's degree in computer science (or related field)
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Experience with workload management / job scheduling systems such as SLURM
- Experience building, deploying, and scaling microservices
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $234,000 to $294,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.