TeleGuidance Internship / Co-op
Foster City, CA /
Software – Motion Planning & Control /
The engineers on the Tele-Op Team are building telemetry and remote control systems for the first generation of autonomous vehicles. As an intern on this team, you may be working on developing the human machine platform and user interface to enable collaboration between human and vehicle, and/or working with cutting edge network equipment and technologies to design and implement a robust data pipeline. Your work will be essential to making autonomous vehicles handle the most challenging edge cases safe for human passengers.
- Currently working towards a degree in a relevant engineering program and within 1 year of graduation
- Minimum of a 3.5 gpa
- At least one previous industry internship or co-op
- Able to commit to a minimum of a 12-week internship
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California
- Interns at Zoox may not use any proprietary information they are working on as part of their thesis, any published work with their university, or to be distributed to anyone outside of Zoox.
- Advanced understanding of C++
- Extensive experience with programming and algorithm design
- Strong mathematics skills
- Prior experience in industry setting
- Experience cellular wide area networks, middleware
- Experience with computer graphics, especially WebGL
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.