Quality Engineer, Electrical Systems
Foster City, CA
Corporate Quality – Corporate Quality
Zoox Quality engineers will report to the Quality Director and have the final goal to support the development of the quality related specifications and requirements and to ensure that Zoox’s product and service provides a high level of quality that meets the defined standards/specifications and in the end the customer expectation.
- They will define and monitor the Quality control activities through all the process starting from the design phase, supporting quality definition, FMEA analysis, etc, continuing in the production process and ending up with the “in service” activity, monitoring Quality standards and taking actions to fix quality issues (failure analysis, recall campaigns, etc.).
- Part of the daily routine the Quality engineers will interact with many different departments starting with suppliers, internal departments to service organizations in the respective field.
- They contribute to the definition and improvement of Zoox Quality Policy and Manual.
- They will play a fundamental role to support the setting up of procedures and instructions and processes that will allow Zoox to align with the international standards for Quality Systems (IATF 16949, ISO 9000 and similar).
- Zoox’s quality organization will rely upon different QE with different competences and focus.
- Experience with automotive style end of line testing and procedures. Able to develop and support other teams to develop a functioning system to assure product quality is achieved.
- Experience in automotive electrical system from basic wiring to complex interaction of electrical systems.
- Experience in start-up / launch activities preferred.
- Close relation to design teams to assure functional and other requirements meet product quality level, design intent and Zoox standards.
- Able to understand and develop product functional requirements and be able to translate such requirements into functional test procedures.
- Good understanding of general requirements of manufactured parts.
- Understand complex stack-up standards for complete vehicle level.
- Engineering Degree in respective field - Electronic / Electrical
- Advanced Problem-Solving certification (Six Sigma / Shainin) preferred
- At least 5-10 years experience in quality engineering (electronic /electrical / testing)
- Preferred automotive experience in OE or Tier I level
- Understanding of automotive AIAG requirements such as FMEA process / Control Plan / APQP
- Able to lead teams regarding APQP and Problem Solving
- Individual able to work fully independent with minimal supervision
- Past manufacturing engineering experience a plus
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.