Manufacturing Electrical Test Engineer
San Carlos, CA
Manufacturing Operations – Advanced Hardware Manufacturing
As a Manufacturing Electrical Test Engineer, you will work within a multidisciplinary engineering team to build / test prototype sensor and compute hardware. The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for the development of manufacturing functional tests for PCBAs, subassemblies and final products. The candidate will also define test strategy and manufacturing test plan for the new products to ensure product functionality is tested appropriately in a low-volume manufacturing environment.
In this role, the test engineer will convert product performance specifications into a workable test solution. The candidate will participate in creating automated and manual test plans, perform hands-on device measurements, product characterization and optimization, bench and automation troubleshooting. Candidate will summarize and present data reviews which will serve as a basis for product acceptance and release to our vehicle integration team.
- You will be working closely with the circuit design engineers and manufacturing engineers to ensure that electronics for Zoox's robots are manufactured to high standards.
- Develop internal test procedures and equipment to ensure adequate test capability for engineering and production builds that will scale with company milestones.
- Support and improve ongoing production test sequences for engineering deviations, quick iteration in the design cycle is very important at Zoox.
- Lead investigations into root causing board failures, sometimes leading you deep into system architecture in an autonomous vehicle.
- Work closely with R&D team to ensure test equipment/software/processes for new designs meet specifications for low volume manufacturing environment and to resolve issues encountered during test.
- Analyze manufacturing yield issues and field failures to determine hardware test coverage. Drive issues to closure and use lessons learned to implement preventive measures and to define manufacturing test strategy for new products.
- You will use internal and external standards to define appropriate test thresholds and drive test coverage.
- Provide training and support to engineering technicians to expand testing capacity.
- 3+ years of experience in EE Hardware Design and/or Validation
- Strong EE fundamentals in analog/digital design, sensors, and embedded systems
- Experience testing Power Electronics Circuits and/or High Speed Digital Designs
- 2+ years of experience programming Python and/or MATLAB/C/C++
- Hands-on experience with a UNIX/Linux Operating System & Tools
- Strong problem solving skills by doing deep dives as well as working with Cross-functional teams
- A genuine passion for uncovering latent issues and bugs by diagnosing hardware, software, and process issues
- Experience writing Test Requirements/Plans
- Enjoys designing and building Test Equipment that ensure Test Coverage while being Operator Friendly
- Expertise in various Data Acquisition and Measurement techniques
- Familiarity with lab equipment, such as Oscilloscope, VNA, TDR, spectrum analyzer etc.
- Experience with Altium or equivalent PCB CAD package
- Good understanding of DFT and DFM methods
- Familiar with using methods like FMEA and Gage R&R
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.