Compute Systems Engineer
Foster City, CA
Information Technology – Compute Infrastructure
This position is on the Production Operations Team responsible for Zoox's application, compute, and storage infrastructure. A successful candidate for this role will have strong project management and organization skills to complement his/her technical skills. This individual will work with a team of developers and other infrastructure engineers to design, implement, and maintain Zoox's global, internal, and external cloud infrastructure.
- Build CPU and GPU clustered compute systems
- Design, implement, and support our internal and cloud systems
- Track key metrics and logs
- Oversee capacity and planning of our clusters
- Work directly with application developers to help investigate upgrades, system tweaks, and next generation hardware.
- Build cool stuff
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation
- Familiar with GPU usage in Compute Cluster
- Familiar with Cuda and TensorFlow workloads
- Expert level knowledge of virtual platforms (vSphere, Xen, Docker, or KVM)
- Experience with larger HPC clusters (>10,000 cores)
- Familiar with container clustering (K8S/Kubernetes, Swarm, etc.)
- Familiar with job and resource scheduling managers (Slurm (preferred), LSF, etc.)
- Ability to script in any of the following: Perl, Python, Ruby or Bash
- 10+ years of experience and ability to work with little or no supervision
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.