Systems Data Scientist
Foster City, CA
System Design and Mission Assurance – System Design
As a systems analyst at Zoox, you will be working with members of the functional safety and system design teams to analyze system data to enable and support autonomous driving. You are responsible for ensuring these systems are developed within a process that results in end-to- end traceability of both functional safety targets and product requirements.
- Collaborate with hardware (EE/ME) and software engineers to analyze performance data using statistical techniques and generate reports
- Develop databases and analytics tools to enable collection and processing of very large data sets
- Create filters and search algorithms to extract specific data items from large data pools for further detailed analysis
- Create statistical models to predict future behavior trends from existing data
- Collaborate with simulation teams to create and analyze databases of specific driving scenarios
- Create design safety and validation requirements based on statistical analysis of failure modes and effects
- Collaborate on developing and maintaining safety assurance processes, test cases, and reviewing black box integration test data
- Some domestic and international travel may be required
- Collaborative team player with strong written and in-person communication skills
- B.S. or higher degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or Statistics
- 3+ years of relevant work experience with emphasis on data analytics
- Experience with data models, database design, data mining and data segmentation techniques
- Strong analytical skills and passion for writing clear and concise documents
- Good programming skills, specifically using database queries (SQL), C++ and Python
- Knowledge and experience with Machine Learning applications
- Experience with hazard analysis, functional decomposition, validation, and verification
- Familiarity with test and validation including HW in the loop
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.