Senior UX Researcher, Operations
Foster City, CA /
Experience – UI/UX Design /
As Zoox’s Senior Researcher in the Experience team, you will join a team of designers and researchers to invent and design innovative solutions that our customers will choose and love. You will work on our operation org to make strategic decisions and run the design process on key workstreams and initiatives. You will lead and champion a human-centered design process and culture. You will represent the voice of the customer at Zoox, and work across the org to define and run research studies to provide valuable and actionable insights. You will collaborate with other researchers to designers to influence delightful and impactful experiences that solve real needs.
- Organize and conduct a range of research studies using a mix of qualitative and quantitative methods
- Identify relevant user insights that help us make decisions with confidence, reduce risks, and stay focused on what matters the most
- Gain a deep understanding of our internal customers and related workstreams to guide the organization’s content, intent, and needs through design and product direction
- Align research goals and timelines with key internal decisions and deadlines in a rapidly growing company
- Synthesize and communicate research insights to inform product decisions across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- 6+ years of relevant user research experience in a commercial organization
- Experience with both qualitative and quantitative research
- Experience conducting field studies, creating the user profiles and personas (strategic)
- Ability to work through uncertainty and lead multiple stakeholders
- Passion for exploring emerging technologies and making a positive impact on customers’ lives through your work
- Experience in Automotive and AV industries, Manufacturing or TNC (Transportation Network Company)
- Service operation background and operation design related works
- Experience with industrial control operations
- Technical background (Enterprise software, Engineering, Computer Science or Manufacturing)
- Masters and/or Ph.D. of Human Factors, HCI, HRI, Information Technology, Psychology or Industry Engineering
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.