Vehicle Safety Test & Validation Engineer
Foster City, CA
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Integration Engineering
At Zoox we have set the goal to provide our customers with the highest level of safety while using our fully autonomous vehicles. You will work with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds such as robotics, control, and vehicle engineering, to lead the Vehicle Safety testing and validation activities. The role includes planning and executing of system and component tests through to complete vehicle crash testing. Working closely with external laboratories you will need to develop clear and precise protocols and have excellent organizational and communication skills. Working at a startup offers you the chance to manifest your creativity and make a big difference in the final product.
- Planning and tracking of safety test activities and hardware requirements
- Develop detailed protocols to support RFQs and facility selection
- Work closely with the integration teams to understand instrumentation requirements
- Track performance of system tests influential to safety performance
- Lead technical resource at external facilities
- Reporting and feedback to engineering teams
- Provide inputs to CAE correlation activities
- Degree in mechanical engineering, or related field
- Detailed knowledge of FMVSS and other legal and consumer safety protocols
- Experienced in safety test setup and execution
- Strong organizational and communication skills
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.