Manager, Platform Stability
Foster City, CA
Software – Hardware Software Integration /
Zoox's Hardware Software Integration organization is responsible for ensuring various hardware subsystems work reliably on our vehicle platform on a day-to-day basis. The organization is responsible for system integration, bring-up of vehicles, system verification and validation test design and development, debugging critical hardware-firmware integration issues, and supporting manufacturing and fleet operations.
The Fleet Triage & Stability sub-team within our Hardware Software Integration organization focuses on triaging and root-causing vehicle-level issues, looks at long-term containments, and develops tooling to improve diagnostics and fleet stability. You will be responsible for the execution stage of Zoox's vehicle program, ensuring the stability of the fleet. You will lead a team of electrical, mechatronics, computer science, and integration engineers and work cross-functionally with the module, vehicle engineering, manufacturing, and fleet teams.
In this role, you will:
- Lead and drive debugging of the hardware-software issues to closure, and identify and work with key cross-functional partners to root cause and provide resolution.
- Define and establish system integration best practices for long-term issue containment.
- Improve fleet KPIs and stability and develop tooling to improve diagnostics efficiency to reduce vehicle downtime.
- Drive initiatives both within the team and cross-functionally and develop new processes and human workflows to improve fleet stability.
- Assist with long-term roadmap planning, providing exec updates for quarterly planning and weekly updates.
- Provide feedback to engineering teams to improve future product versions and talent management including coaching and growing team members.
- BS degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields. 5+ years of related industry experience and 2+ years of people management.
- Strong EE fundamentals with familiarity in microcontroller-based systems, high-speed signals, sensing, and power electronics. Experience with schematic design, PCB, and harness reviews.
- Fluency in Python or similar scripting language, familiarity with Git/Version management tools, SW debugging tools
- Proven track record of leading complex, multi-disciplinary investigations using systematic problem-solving strategies.
- Experience with hardware interfaces such as Ethernet, CAN, USB, UART, LIN, and related testing and debugging tools.
- Fundamentals of behavior-based robotics systems, including familiarity with publish/subscribe messaging systems, robot localization, sensing, and sensor fusion.
- Experience enabling a new product manufacturing ramp from low to high volume.
- Working knowledge of requirements management tools such as Polarion/JIRA.
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $185,000 to $232,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling and positioning within a level are determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.