Vehicle Operations Team Lead (San Francisco)
San Francisco, CA /
Fleet Operations – Alpha Operations /
Vehicle Operators (“VOs”) at Zoox are at the forefront of turning our vision into reality. They ensure safety, maintain vehicle readiness, complete software and hardware tests, and represent our brand as ambassadors to the public.
As a Vehicle Operations Team Lead, your role will be to lead a team of VOs in ensuring they understand and execute on both short and long term targets. Team Leads at Zoox are hands-on with their team, working with & alongside them on a daily basis, leading by example to ensure all software and hardware tests are executed to Zoox’s high standards.
As a Team Lead, you will be working closely with other leaders within the Vehicle Operations organization, as well as assisting and interacting with multiple teams across the company, including computer vision, infrastructure, sound design, strategy, vehicle engineering, and go-to-market teams. Our Team Leads are disciplined team players, and believe in doing everything it takes to safely accomplish the mission.
- Uphold a safety-centric, inclusive, and open-communication culture
- Support vehicle operators in day-to-day operations
- Complete all administrative tasks with regards to team management, including, but not limited to, time sheet approval & schedule validation.
- Conduct written and oral performance feedback with direct reports at regular intervals
- Work closely with other Team Leads and Program/Project Managers within Vehicle Operators to ensure their team stays aligned with Zoox’s overall goals
- Become knowledge experts on Zoox’s proprietary software related to Vehicle Operations
- Motivate and mentor direct reports to execute and deliver to Zoox’s high standards
- Interact with contractors assigned to Zoox to answer questions, provide information, and ensure they understand and execute on their job assignments
- Support missions through a wide variety of roles in and out of vehicles
- Conduct testing 10 or more hours every week with a priority on safety, to ensure that you stay up-to-date with the current state of Vehicle Operations
- Support vehicle maintenance and logistics
- Conduct daily basic vehicle preventative maintenance checks, services, and repairs
- Provide logistical support for the movement and storage of vehicles and equipment
- Ensure the readiness and cleanliness of vehicles, equipment, and the workplace
- Assist with paperwork and documentation related to vehicle readiness
- Other related duties as assigned from time to time by leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent driving history
- Proactive mindset and resourcefulness
- Experience as an Instructor or Lead within an operations team, or equivalent management or leadership experience
- 12 months of experience with Zoox as an employee or contractor in a Vehicle Operations role.
- BS/BA degree and equivalent technical experience
- Experience in leading or managing a highly cross-functional team
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.