Infrastructure Engineer - Network/Security Engineer
Foster City, CA
Operations – Information Technology
This position is responsible for Zoox’s network and security infrastructure for all enterprise and production-facing services. A successful candidate for this role will have strong project management and organization skills to complement his/her technical skills. This individual will work with a team of developers and other infrastructure engineers to design, implement, and maintain Zoox’s global network.
- Design, implement and support for the WAN/LAN/VPN/Wireless networks
- Help build M2M private network for IoT use cases
- Develop and implement security policies
- Track key metrics and log data for response and review
- Oversee security of hosted services and applications
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation
- 10+ years’ experience in networking and security roles
- Expert knowledge of routing and switching protocols
- Experience with Load Balancers and high-available service design
- Experience with PAN Firewalls, and Cisco Wireless.
- Experience with IPv6, M2M networking, and IoT
- Experience with running security penetration tests and resulting risk mitigation methods
- Experience with tuning routing parameters for low latency failover
- Ability to analyze network packet traces
- Basic knowledge of shell scripting and programming languages such a PERL, or Python
- Ability to create and present concisely
- Well-versed in Enterprise InfoSec, policies, guidelines, and standards
- Knowledge of Infiniband preferred
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.