Foster City, CA
Manufacturing Operations – Prototyping
The Zoox Prototyping Team is responsible for unblocking the intricacies of Autonomous Mobility. Our team serves as a technical hub to resolve any challenging engineering and design problems. Together with the Prototyping Engineering team, you will accelerate the progress of hardware and software development through your innovative ideas, applied to newly discovered and interesting topics. You will develop a wide range skills in fast prototyping scenarios, as you unlock the future of transportation.
If you enjoy cross functional and meaningful work, then come join this passionate team where conceptual ideas are materialized into the physical world. As a team, we will make cities safer, smarter and more sustainable.
- You will develop test and inspection equipment to validate prototypes and scale for production
- You will integrate electromechanical systems into our Prototype Development Fleet and manufacturing equipment
- You will bridge the gap between design and execution
- You will design, in CATIA V6, prototype hardware and electromechanical systems
- You will collaborate with experts in AI, Mechatronics, Computer Vision and Robotics to develop hardware and software requirements
- Experience with 2D drawing packages, including GD&T
- Design with CAD tools, such as CATIA V6
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience, in Mechanical, Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering
- At least 2 years relevant industry experience
- Fluency in Python
- Experience interfacing with CAN based systems and logs
- Automation controls
- Vision system calibration
- PCB design
- Vehicle manufacturing/testing
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine-learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.