Senior Release Manager
Foster City, CA /
Software – Software Quality Assurance /
Autonomous vehicles have some of the largest, most complex software ever shipped in a safety-critical environment. Solving that problem is one of the most exciting technical challenges of our lifetime, and the release manager role is critical for our success.
As a Senior Release Manager at Zoox, you will play a critical role in our software delivery by driving process improvements to release Zoox's vehicle software regularly, reliably, and with high quality. You will work cross-functionally with other teams as a force multiplier to improve their development process from idea to implementation to testing to deployment. This is a critical role to squash inefficiencies in our development process, improve the development experience for everyone in the software organization, and ultimately bring our autonomous vehicles to market sooner.
- Work with all stakeholders in Engineering, QA, and vehicle operations to assemble cross-organizational project teams, tracking progress and delivering towards release milestones
- Track results of all required tests, analyze release blockers, conduct release meetings, and communicate release status. Resolve issues when they appear and raise red flags when needed
- Continually evaluate & improve the release effort by improving processes, removing inefficiencies, and automating manual steps
- Create metrics and dashboards to facilitate a data-driven approach to process improvement
- Support and improve tools for automated testing and release management
- Proactively engage with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking, analysis skills, and best practices
- Pre-emptively see downstream consequences and effectively tailor influencing strategy to support a positive outcome
- STEM Bachelor's or Master’s degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of proven experience as a Release Manager or software project leader
- Understanding of software version control systems (Git preferred)
- Experience driving large process improvement and/or automation projects and programs
- Experience in defining release readiness criteria and risk assessment, ensuring all changes meet criteria prior to deployment
- Ability to self-manage, self-start, lead technically and communicate effectively
- Great interpersonal skills
- Seasoned product release manager with 8-10 + years of experience working with large, complex products
- Experience with CI build systems and ability to triage failures
- Broad understanding of programming structure (makefiles, headers, code) and compilation process
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $164,000 to $232,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.