Hardware Systems Verification Lead
Foster City, CA
Software – Hardware Systems Integration /
Zoox's Hardware Software Integration team is responsible for ensuring various hardware systems and sub-systems work reliably on our vehicle platform on a day-to-day basis. As a hardware systems verification engineering lead, you will oversee and lead the technical progress on the validation and verification roadmap for the hardware/software systems that are part of our ground-up autonomous vehicle.
This role is essential and fundamental to the execution stage of Zoox's vehicle program, ensuring that hardware/software systems operate within the safety and functional requirements at all times. This includes developing system design verification test plans, overseeing the execution of the testing, and proposing expansions into system continuous integration testing. Technical leadership is expected in this role, including the mentorship of junior engineers, the creation of technical documentation and templates, and staying up to date on industry best practices.
- Write and/or review system design verification test plans from system technical specifications
- Build detailed technical roadmaps for systems verification which will fit into Zoox’s broader milestones
- Oversee and review system verification test scripting efforts
- Work with cross-functional teams to resolve issues when discovered and propose updates to system technical specifications if any are found to be incompatible with Zoox milestones
- Build KPIs and dashboards to show the progress of the system verification project. Lead meetings and give presentations on progress.
- Lead efforts to build CI testing capabilities for ongoing verification of at-risk specifications
- Stay up-to-date on fleet issues, advise integration engineers, and reprioritize verification efforts as needed
- Mentor and train junior integration engineers
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science
- Minimum 6+ years of relevant industry experience in hardware systems verification
- Strong EE fundamentals with familiarity in microcontroller-based systems, high-speed signals, sensing, and power electronics
- Knowledge of electrical characterization equipment (oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, etc.)
- Fluency in Python or similar scripting language
- Familiarity with git/version management tools, SW debugging tools
- Strong HW/FW debugging and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with hardware interfaces such as Ethernet, CAN, USB, UART, LIN. I2C, SPI, etc and related testing/debugging tools
- Knowledge of PCBA schematic design and layout
- Experience with environmental testing (vibration and thermal)
- Working knowledge of requirements management tools such as Polarion/JIRA
- Prior system V&V development and execution experience
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $196,000 to $222,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.