Technical Product Manager - Realtime Operation Tools
San Francisco, CA /
Software – Technical Product Management /
The Realtime Operations Tools team is in charge of delivering a suite of visual applications and dashboards that help Zoox build autonomy from the ground up and scale to large fleets of robo-taxis operating in multiple cities across the world. Key development and operational teams at Zoox are critically reliant on these tools to execute in a timely manner with high quality. These groups include teams such as software engineering, autonomous testing and operations, teleoperations, fleet management & dispatch.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Product Manager to join our team and help transform our vision into reality. You will own the entirety of products that facilitate our vehicle build, autonomy development, and management of the self-driving fleet. You will be responsible for understanding and defining the product ecosystem that supports users at all stages of our operations. Working closely with your customers – some of whom are deeply technical – as well as with Design, and with engineers, you’ll help define, design, and develop tools that are not only feature rich and support our business objectives, but are also a delight to use.
- Minimum of 4 years of product management experience in a technical domain
- Passion for Zoox and what we are trying to achieve: transforming transportation in high density urban areas
- Excellent judgment and thoughtfulness about the dynamics of a product ecosystem
- Comfort with ambiguity, and ability to apply structured, analytical thinking to new, poorly defined problems
- Natural ability to dive into the technical deep-end, to learn about the struggles of different types of users, from hardware engineers to safety drivers
- Exemplary communication skills – verbal and written – with engineers, non-technical users, and executives
- Experience in 3D graphics & visualization
- Experience in automotive / transportation industry
- Experience generating product sketches / prototypes
- Experience conducting user research
- A degree in science, engineering, or math
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.