Manager, Robot Teleoperations
Foster City, CA
Fleet Operations – Technical Operations
The Robot TeleOperation team is responsible for monitoring and providing remote assistance to the Zoox vehicle when it encounters an edge case (or unknown) scenario. As the Manager of Robot TeleOperations you will be tasked with building and leading a team of Remote TeleOperators (Tacticians) to ensure that our vehicle provides a seamless and safe experience for passengers.
- Lead a team of TeleOperator Tacticians in monitoring and providing remote assistance to the autonomous vehicle fleet
- Understand and communicate to the team the higher level goals and milestones and prioritize TeleOperations work accordingly
- Establish standard operating procedures to enable communication, enforce discipline, and promote excellence in TeleOperations
- Ensure that problems are transparent and risks are identified and proactively ensure that risk mitigation actions are ongoing with engineering and operations teams
- BS Degree or higher + 5 years of operations management experience
- The aggressive curiosity to seek out answers and understand all TeleOperations processes
- The ability to see the greater development and operations picture and to guide TeleOps in accomplishing the company’s objectives
- Strong track record in creating data-driven reports and providing in-depth analysis and recommendations
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.