Associate General Counsel/Senior Counsel, HR & Employment
Foster City, CA /
Legal – Legal /
Zoox is looking for an energetic, self-starting attorney to join our growing legal team and Zoox’s mission to create the first ground-up and purpose-built autonomous vehicle mobility service. In this role, you will serve as the primary attorney responsible for counseling Zoox, Zoox’s Chief People Officer (CPO), and other executives on a broad range of issues for our People Operations and Talent teams. Primary duties include providing practical and thoughtful legal advice in a wide range of areas, including human resources, recruiting, employee relations, internal investigations, compensation and benefits, employee and human resource policies, and hiring best practices.
This role will be Zoox’s dedicated human resources and employment counsel, and will have significant room for growth as Zoox’s operation matures, including interacting with and counseling leaders and executives.
- JD with outstanding academic credentials and one state bar with the ability to register in California as an in-house counsel.
- 7+ years handling employment and human resources issues, preferably both in-house and at a law firm, including employee and human resource policy creation, internal investigations, and recruiting and human resources best practices.
- Experience providing legal training and guidance to human resources and recruiting teams.
- Ability to work in a highly-productive environment with lots of room for innovation and decision-making.
- Proved record of managing multiple projects at once and delivering on time.
- Great business and legal judgment, and the ability to work flexibly with a variety of teams.
- Being inquisitive, willing to learn, and able to take the initiative to solve problems without being told to do so.
- Experience with employment-related litigation issues, including EEOC and OSHA issues, and managing outside counsel.
- Experience with immigration process and on-boarding employees.
- Experience working with business and engineering teams creating complex technologies.
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
A Final Note:You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.