System HIL Test Engineer
Foster City, CA /
System Design and Mission Assurance – Verification & Validation /
As a System HIL Test Engineer at Zoox, you will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to develop and deploy systems that enable and support autonomous driving.
The HIL Test Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, and tracking progress of SDMA validation tests. The ideal candidate has proven experience testing complex embedded systems in a team environment focused on firmware behaviors.
- Plan, write, and execute autonomous tests on HIL benches, coordinating with multiple teams including vehicle engineering, firmware, and motion controls teams
- Develop and implement automated tests on complex embedded systems
- Maintain traceability between requirements, test cases and results
- Troubleshoot and debug issues found testing. Perform test data analysis and trace failures to correct subsystems and work with cross-functional development teams to identify the root cause and solve them.
- Understand the robot system and complex interactions between subsystems
- B.S. or higher in Automotive Engineering, Aerospace or related field
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency with scripting and/or systems programming languages: Python, C, C++
- Experience with Simulink modeling of dynamic systems
- Experience with Python testing frameworks (Pytest, robot, etc.)
- Familiar with communication protocols and tools: Ethernet, CAN, LIN
- Familiar with dSPACE Simulink integration of dynamic systems
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.