Vehicle Test Engineer
Foster City, CA
System Design and Mission Assurance – Verification & Validation
As a vehicle test engineer at Zoox, you will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to develop and deploy systems that enable and support autonomous driving. You will be responsible for developing and executing vehicle-level testing for autonomous safety-critical systems.
- Plan and execute autonomous vehicle tests on test tracks, coordinating with multiple teams including vehicle engineering, operations, software and sensor teams
- Design efficient test programs to achieve test coverage of requirements and scenarios, drawing on simulation and analysis where possible
- Maintain traceability between requirements, test cases and results
- Design, develop and operate test equipment and instrumentation systems
- Troubleshoot and debug issues in the field, and trace failures to correct subsystems
- Identify, track and resolve test issues with cross-functional development teams
- Define and develop automated data extraction tools to streamline analysis and reporting
- B.S. or higher degree in Automotive Engineering, Aerospace, Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical, Mechanical, or Systems Engineering
- Analytical skills and hands-on experience 3+ years of test engineering experience in the automobile, robotics, aerospace or medical device industry
- Cross-disciplinary, cross functional background and curiosity
- Aerospace or Automotive experimental project implementation experience as a system engineer in one of the following areas: system architecture, integration and test, subsystem, or equivalent
- Experience developing integration and test plans and procedures for safety critical robotic systems and/or autonomous vehicles
- Experience with scripting and/or systems programming language: Python, C, C++
- Experience with AB Dynamics test equipment
- Formal Qualification Testing or aerospace, automotive or medial systems certification experience
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.