Quality Systems Director
Foster City, CA
Manufacturing Operations – Quality
As the Quality Systems Director, you will be in charge of developing and implementing Zoox’s Quality Management System (QMS) and aligning company vision and applicable mandatory regulations together with voluntary standards. This role will align Zoox Quality Policy with available industry best practices or support the definition of new practices that will allow Zoox to meet the customer’s expectation at the highest levels.
At Zoox, you will collaborate with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds in areas such as A.I. and robotics. You’ll master new technologies while working on electrical and hardware development in your area of expertise to create and refine key systems and move Zoox forward.
Working at a startup gives you the chance to manifest your creativity and make a big difference in the final product.
- Support the formal definition of internal processes with specific focus on “critical to safety” and “critical to quality” processes
- Develop the Company Quality Manual and relevant procedures
- Define a roadmap for ISO 9000 (and relevant standards) Quality System Certification
- Plan, coordinate, organize, manage, and review internal quality audits to guarantee the maintenance of high-level alignment of operational practices and defined procedures and methodologies
- Support company departments for the definition of their internal operative procedures and instructions in order to guarantee clarity in the language, completeness, adequate filing and updating, overall coherence, and consistency
- Define Zoox’s internal document formats, type of content, approval and issuing procedure, updating and archiving
- Support the definition of Zoox’s external document formats, their coherence in practical use, in accordance with the Corporate Identity Policy
- Coordinate and manage continuous improvement activities related to quality including 8D’s, Kaizen events, Six Sigma projects, and other problem-solving activities
- Coordinate the definition, training, and application of quality-related methodologies and approaches such as DOE, PPAP, APQP, FMEA, 8-Ds, SPC
- Create a company dashboard for quality KPI in collaboration with the other quality managers and relevant stakeholders
- Collaborate with the internal vehicle safety group to optimize the connection between quality and safety policies
- Engineering degree (specific focus on quality preferred)
- At least 5 years of experience in Quality Management Systems (experience developing new quality systems in start ups is preferred)
- Engineering, manufacturing, and service-pivotal role within vertically-integrated companies with reference to quality management (expertise in developing and leading strategic quality, manufacturing, or engineering projects is preferred)
- Excellent knowledge, understanding, and experience in ISO 9000 and strong knowledge of other International Quality Standards (ISO, TS, IAFT, IEEE, IEC, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of quality tools and methodologies (APQP, PPAP, FMEA, SPC; Six Sigma)
- Ability to act independently, assume responsibility, and drive processes within a cross-functional, complex environment
- Resilient and flexible
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.