Foster City, CA
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Integration Engineering
At Zoox we have set the goal to provide our customers with a premium ride experience while using our fully autonomous vehicles. You will work with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds in robotics, controls, and vehicle engineering while developing unique sonic experiences for our customers and the public. In this role you will provide direction to key design, system engineering, and attribute teams to ensure end user satisfaction with their audio experience. Working at a startup gives you the chance to manifest your creativity and make a big difference in the final product.
- Develop, test, and validate loudspeaker systems and audio signal processing integration while solving challenges with cross-functional teams
- Innovate and develop testing methodologies to validate the effectiveness of acoustic beamforming techniques
- Provide direction and requirements to vehicle system engineers to ensure component, sub-system, and vehicle level targets are met for interior and exterior audio systems
- Construct and execute test plans to assess the impact of proposed designs, investigate problem root causes, and develop countermeasures for systems which are not at optimal
- Sound quality metric development for interior and exterior operating sounds
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Physics, Acoustics, or equivalent experience in a related field
- 5+ years of audio and or related acoustic development experience
- Experience with acoustic field array beamforming, adaptive noise reduction, sound source localization, and acoustic echo cancellation
- Testing and building of hardware prototypes
- Highly skilled in digital signal processing techniques and measurements related to acoustic analysis and processing
- Experience with acoustic and vibration test equipment and data analysis software
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to develop effective solutions efficiently
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine-learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.