Prototyping Quality Coordinator - Vehicle
Foster City, CA
Manufacturing Operations – Prototyping
The Prototyping (xOps) quality coordinator serves a crucial role within the Prototyping organization. This individual will be responsible for quality inspection and documentation of the builds of our L3 vehicles. Designing, implementing and maintaining a system to manage quality inspections, parts tracking, work instructions, and handoff of our L3 vehicles. A Candidate for this role will have a background in work instructions, build documentation and, experience in a shop environment and the desire to take this knowledge and apply it to build their own system of quality.
- Manage documentation and tracking for the incoming parts and kit quality
- Recommend adjustments to the assembly or production process to bring parts or assemblies into spec
- Maintain parts and material traceability
- Prototype department incoming inspection.
- Technical documentation overview including work instructions, quality procedures, and end of line quality
- Experience with quality documentation and traceability
- Smartsheets experience
- Strong Communication skills
- Automotive assembly experience
- CAD software (Solidworks, Catia, 3DX)
- Experience creating work instructions
- JIRA, Confluence
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine-learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.