Team Lead, Vehicle Assembly
Foster City, CA
Manufacturing Operations – General Assembly
As our Team Leader of Vehicle Assembly, you will be responsible for leading shop employees in the general assembly of our robots. Prior to launching the serial production, you will support the prototype builds to provide feedback regarding the manufacturability and process equipment to vehicle development and manufacturing engineering.
At Zoox, you will collaborate with a team of world-class engineers and technicians with diverse backgrounds in areas such as automotive and robotics. Working at a startup gives you the chance to manifest your creativity and highly impact the final product.
- Support Prototype assembly to identify assembly issues and develop work instruction for serial production
- Provide feedback documentation to vehicle development and manufacturing engineering about the manufacturability of the robot
- Build, lead, support, train and develop vehicle assembly teams in an environment of continuous improvement
- Hold team members accountable to following Visual Standard Operating Procedures, and other documented processes and procedures. Encourage Team Members to contribute to process improvements through working with their team counterparts including Quality, Materials, Manufacturing Engineering, etc
- Coach and mentor team members, and work collaboratively with other team leaders to build and maintain productive teams and a positive environment
- Be accountable for timely achievement of goals, objectives, and metrics – Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Morale
- Collaborate with counterparts to drive improvement to the business Facilitate or support Lean, Root Cause Analysis, and Continuous Improvement activities including but not limited to Kaizen events, PFMEAs, Process Mapping, 5 Whys, 7 Diamonds, and Layered Process Audits - data driven decision making is required
- Manage personnel issues and support Human Resource activities by consistently administering company policies and procedures
- Take initiative regarding personal development, upwardly and laterally, in relation to the business. Inform manager of any desired training, programs, seminars, etc.
- Take actions that support the development and growth of Zoox
- Minimum of five years’ experience in an assembly or manufacturing environment, preferably in Automotive
- Demonstrated leadership experience and capability
- Data / metric-based decision making required, Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma training preferred
- Customer focused, positive, supportive, self-motivated, considerate personality required – must work well in a team environment
- Strong desire to work in a clean and safe work environment
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.