San Carlos, CA
Manufacturing Operations – Advanced Hardware Manufacturing
As a manufacturing engineer, you will work within a multidisciplinary engineering team to build prototype sensor and compute hardware in accordance with industry standards, best practices, and requirements.
We are looking for a motivated, curious, and passionate Manufacturing Engineer who will build and own the manufacturing line for both New Product Introductions (NPI) as well as support, improvements, modifications, and further development of deployed equipment.
You will apply your expertise and knowledge in electrical engineering, robotics, automotive, aerospace, and/or computer science to develop new products and technologies.
- Support the introduction new Sense & Compute hardware through development of production assembly/test/inspection procedures, fixtures, and equipment.
- Take ownership of new products during pilot production phase through successful product launch. This includes driving new product introduction schedules, resolving manufacturability issues, and driving improvements in cost and efficiency.
- Provide product and process DFM (Design for Manufacturing) input to Product Development Engineering to enhance manufacturability and control product cost.
- Create an efficient manufacturing assembly flow, specifying and/or refining BOMs, workflow processes, and detailed MPI work instructions.
- Establish and develop concept process, including, estimated standard time and costs Design and create production equipment, fixtures, and tests as needed to build the production line either internally or as needed at suppliers.
- Provide training and support to engineering technicians.
- Provide technical support analyzing and/or performing failure analysis for discrepant production components, assemblies, and field returns.
- Manage outside vendors and contract manufacturers.
- Lead/participate in continuous improvement initiatives focused on material cost reduction, capacity enhancement, and streamlining of the supply chain.
- Support, maintain, improve, modify, and further develop the manufacturing line as needed for sustaining production
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- 5+ years’ experience as a manufacturing engineer supporting product with significant electromechanical content.
- BS in ME or EE.
- Strong CAD skillset with a vision for early manufacturing production.
- Enthusiasm for getting “hands on” with product and production equipment Experience design and implementation of manufacturing fixtures and tools.
- Experience following and implementing design control processes.
- Experience with maintaining design history files.
- Design and/or process verification, validation, and testing.
- Accomplished using Lean principles such as lean six sigma, mistake proofing, 5S Experience performing value stream mapping and time studies to improve material flow to increase productivity.
- Experience justifying and implementing robotics to automate processes.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.