Vehicle Dynamics & Controls Intern
Foster City, CA
Software – Motion Planning & Control
Zoox is transitioning from a world of human operated vehicles to a world of autonomous vehicles. As an intern on this team, you will not only support existing methods of autonomous vehicle control, but also explore new dynamics and controls frameworks possible when unconstrained by a human driver. You will also have the opportunity to work on the vehicle’s longitudinal and lateral dynamics and other interior/exterior components. You work closely with other teams within the company, such as the trajectory planner team, to define suitable interfaces for the controls tasks.
- Currently working towards a M.S., Ph.D. or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program and within 1 year of graduation
- Minimum of a 3.5 gpa
- At least one previous industry internship or co-op
- Able to commit to a minimum of a 12-week internship
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California
- Interns at Zoox may not use any proprietary information they are working on as part of their thesis, any published work with their university, or to be distributed to anyone outside of Zoox.
- Proficiency in C++ and Python
- Experience with controls algorithms in real systems
- Familiarity with developing and executing test plans
- Involvement/leadership with campus clubs related to robotics, automotive, or related fields
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.