Senior Mechanical Engineer, Prototyping
Foster City, CA
Manufacturing Operations – Prototyping
As our Prototype Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will work with multi-disciplinary engineers with backgrounds in AI, mechatronics, computer vision, and robotics. In this role, you will take ownership of complex ambiguous problem sets and develop robust engineering solutions for autonomous mobility advancement, while maintaining aggressive schedules. Your expertise and experience will set a benchmark for the team to strive for.
- Lead design team in product development programs
- Mechanical/electronic hardware component selection
- Create 2D drawing package for fabrication and assembly
- Generate dynamic, structural, static, and thermal-mechanical analysis of mechanical assemblies
- Apply engineering tolerance techniques to high precision design requirements
- Provide general support to Prototype laboratory operations and safety practices
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
- 6+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Experienced using CAD tools, such as SolidWorks and CATIA
- Finite Element Analysis of complex mechanical assemblies
- Expertise with GD&T, Quality, and measurement tools and processes
- Experience with common prototyping processes, including but not limited to:
- Experience transitioning products and processes from prototype to production desired
Additive Manufacturing (3D Printing)
3/4/5+ axis CNC machining
Welding, grinding, and fabrication
Thermal treatments and coatings
- Project management of complex systems
- Product or equipment design experience
- Controls system experience or fluency in C++/Python
- Electromechanical integration experience
- Experience interfacing with CAN based systems and logs
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.