Feature Integration Engineer
Foster City, CA
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Integration Engineering
The Vehicle Integration team at Zoox is responsible for defining vehicle attribute and feature requirements and working with cross-functional teams to integrate all systems together within the vehicle. You will be challenged to solve real-world functional system integration problems with a team of world-class engineers. We are looking for an engineer that is passionate about autonomous driving and has strong problem-solving skills.
- Develop vehicle system features stemming from customer needs
- Work with product team, hardware, software, and electrical engineers, and HMI to define detailed system requirements and architectures
- Create test cases and verify system level feature on multiple mediums
- Lead and track cross-functional development effort, issue escalation and resolution, and serve as point-person for overall function integration
- Lead report out of metrics for feature integration projects
- BS or equivalent in Mechanical, Electrical, or Software Engineering
- Experience writing feature and system requirements based on customer need
- Knowledge of vehicle engineering or software development process
- Familiarity with CAN networks and vehicle system architecture
- Experience with managing complex system interactions
- Excellent writing skills, organization, verbal communication, leadership skills, and deadline driven
- Experience working in electrical integration, CAN/LIN system architecture definition, ECU design and release
- Low-level vehicle actuator experience
- Experience working on HMI projects
- Working knowledge of requirements management tools (Polarion, JIRA)
- Project management experience
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.