Software Engineer - Intern
Menlo Park, CA
Engineering – Software
Zoox is developing fully autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring the technology to market at scale. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
As a Software Engineering Intern, you will collaborate with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds in areas such as AI, robotics, mechatronics, planning, machine learning, control, localization, computer vision, rendering, simulation, distributed computing, design, and automated testing. You will master new technologies while working with us on code, algorithms, and research in your area of expertise to create and refine key systems and move Zoox forward.
What you'll need
- Currently working towards a BS, MS, Ph.D. or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program
- Experience in systems software or algorithms
- You must be self-managed and committed to working in a fast-paced environment
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California
- Proficiency with C/C++
- Publications in your field
- Experience with autonomous robots
- Experience with realtime sensor fusion (e.g. IMU, lidar, camera, odometry, radar)
- Knowledge of computer vision techniques and machine learning
- Solid understanding of ROS
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.