Foster City, CA
Engineering – Advanced Hardware
As an Electronics Technician at Zoox, you will be directly working with electrical engineers to build, bringup and rework vehicle components and PCB assemblies as well as scaling the existing work into production. The role will also consist of making sets of harnesses from scratch and installing harnesses in prototype vehicles. Duties will include small component assembly, modifying sensors, and reviewing and reordering inventory. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, a self-starter, and adapts easily to change.
- Work directly with the advanced hardware engineering team on new and current electronics destined for in-vehicle use
- Assembly, bring-up, debug and rework of electronic circuit boards
- Fabricate and modify harnessing for test setups, robotic vehicles, etc
- Maintain, expand and improve the electronics lab and workspaces and its capabilities, including buying and overseeing calibration of tools and stocking of parts, working closely with Zoox buyers
- Partner with engineering staff to define and execute detailed validation and NPI manufacturing tests and provide reports.
- Test failed units and provide failure analysis reports
- Hands-on experience with electronic product assembly
- Hands-on experience in prototype work and functional verification specifically with electronics
- Hands-on and fluent with lab equipment: digital multimeter, spectrum analyzer, signal generator, oscilloscope, power supply, data logger, etc
- Ability to read electrical schematics
- Must have superb soldering & rework skills (0402, QFNs, BGAs, CSPs, etc.)
- Experienced and comfortable working under a microscope
- Strong documentation and communication skills (strong technical writing)
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in MAC and PC
- Ability to pro-actively communicate with all employees and work well in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and input from multiple sources (Managers, Engineers).
- Pride in detail-oriented, methodical, careful and clean work that leads to a very low rate of defects in the field
- Ability to diagnose electrical systems a plus
- Experience working on safety critical electronics destined for harsh environments such as for vehicles, aircrafts, missiles or space systems a plus
- Experience working with environmental chambers a plus
- Hands-on model-shop experience (e.g. mill, lathe, 3D-printer, laser cutter) a plus
- CAD skills in Altium Designer or SolidWorks a plus
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.