Fremont, CA /
Manufacturing Operations – Manufacturing Engineering /
The Metrology Technician will support the company by measuring, analyzing, and creating metrology reports for supplier /in-house manufactured parts, respectively. This position will work with cross-functional teams to improve Zoox products. The Technician will use their technical background to perform failure analysis on vehicles and at the bench, record their findings, and communicate critical information to the cross-functional team.
- Utilize metrology equipment to collect and analyze scan data and output
- Create detailed reports to communicate results to dimensional engineering and other teams
- Read technical drawings and CAD to understand parts and assemblies
- Communicate with cross-functional teams to improve the product
- Work with the Reliability Team to identify and analyze trends
- Create/update Quality documents
- Set up and measure parts or incoming product
- Understand manufacturing processes for application in measurement studies
- Apply measurement best practices for special investigations.
- Inspection equipment experience: Bridge style cmm (Modus 1,2)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of GD&T application
- Ability to read technical drawings and understand CAD models
- Broad technical background with mechanical and electrical systems
- Strong failure analysis abilities
- Experience performing root cause analysis
- Fully understand datum scheme
- Experience in Polyworks
- Experience with structured light scanning systems
- Desired B.S. / or A.S. in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering and 5 years experience
- Automotive experience
- Experience building test equipment
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.