Embedded Software Engineer - Platforms
Foster City, CA
Software – Firmware
As an embedded software engineer on the Firmware Platforms team you are responsible for developing, extending, and maintaining support for multiple embedded platforms for the Zoox vehicle. You will work closely with electrical engineers, embedded software engineers, and validation engineers to enable support for new advanced platforms and accelerate application development across multiple projects. We are looking for people who are passionate about diving deep into the hardware and creating robust and reusable software.
- Architect, develop, debug, optimize, review, and test software for multiple real-time embedded platforms
- Develop and maintain board support packages for multiple platforms, including compiler, bootloader, drivers, and real-time operating system.
- Build low level frameworks, interfaces, and infrastructure to make our embedded application development faster, simpler, portable, and testable
- Bringup new embedded platforms, working with electrical engineers, suppliers, and vendors to identify and solve hardware and low level software issues.
- Contribute to all phases of the software development cycle including prototyping, requirements capture, design, implementation, and validation
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience developing real-time embedded software for distributed electro-mechanical systems
- Strong embedded C/C++ programming experience
- Strong experience with microcontrollers and/or microprocessors (ARM, PowerPC)
- Experience with real-time operating systems on embedded systems (POSIX, QNX, FreeRTOS, etc.)
- Familiarity with modern software development methodologies and tools (Agile, Git, unit testing, CI, etc.)
- Experience with automotive communication protocols and stacks (CAN, LIN, ethernet, UDS, etc.)
- Familiarity with high assurance development practices and tools (Polarion, ISO-26262, MISRA C/C++, etc.)
- Ability to read and provide feedback on PCB schematics
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine-learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.