Electrical Test Engineer
San Carlos, CA
Manufacturing Operations – Advanced Hardware Manufacturing Operations
As our electrical test engineer you will be responsible for the testing and design of our sensor and compute architecture for our autonomous vehicle platform. You work cross functionally with our electrical engineering, optics, electro-optics, electro-mechanics, and computer science teams to develop, and test our new products and technologies. We are now looking for someone who’s enthusiastic, innovative, a self-starter, and willing to take on the challenges to work with us as an exceptional test engineer.
- Develop, document, and execute electronic board and system level testing
- Perform first article verification of prototype designs
- Develop test algorithms, automated test scripts, data acquisition and measurement systems, test fixtures, and data repository to support prototype and production testing with focus on repeatability and reliability
- Establish system and module-level performance and functional standards, ensure specification compliance
- Analyze test results, work with design team to identify test failure root cause, implement, and verify corrective actions and solution effectiveness
- Set up lab test infrastructure and coordinate facility installations
- Participate in overall EE board level design, development, and review work
- BS or MS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 2+ years industry experience or equivalent
- Experience in computer architecture, assembly, and test methods
- Experience in developing highly-scalable and automated test platform
- Capable of troubleshooting analog and digital circuits down to the component level
- Python and/or C++ programming experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in and developing scripts in Ubuntu
- Experience with Altium or equivalent PCB CAD package
- Experience working with automotive communications, such as CAN, LIN, Automotive Ethernet, etc.
- Familiarity with automotive testing standards
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.