Electrical Test Engineer
San Carlos, CA
Engineering – Hardware
As our electrical test engineer you will be responsible for the testing and design of our sensor and compute architecture for our autonomous vehicle platform. You work cross functionally with our electrical engineering, optics, electro-optics, electro-mechanics, and computer science teams to develop, and test our new products and technologies. We are now looking for someone who’s enthusiastic, innovative, a self-starter, and willing to take on the challenges to work with us as an exceptional test engineer.
At Zoox, you will collaborate with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds in areas such as A.I. and robotics. You’ll master new technologies while working with us on electrical and hardware development in your area of expertise to create and refine key systems and move Zoox forward.
Working at a startup gives you the chance to manifest your creativity and make a big difference in the final product.
- Develop, document, and execute electronic board and system level testing
- Perform first article verification of prototype designs
- Develop detailed test algorithms, test scripts, data acquisition and measurement systems, test fixtures, and data depository to support prototype and production testing
- Establish system and module-level performance and functional standards, ensure specification compliance
- Analyze test results, work with design team to identify test failure root cause, implement, and verify corrective actions and solution effectiveness
- Set up lab test infrastructure
- Participate in overall EE board level design and development work
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 2+ years industry experience or equivalent
- Experience in developing highly-scalable and automated test platform
- Capable of troubleshooting analog and digital circuits down to the component level
- Embedded programming experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in analog and power electronics design
- Prior experience in National Instruments and Keysight test platforms is a plus
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.