Software Engineer - Prototyping
San Carlos, CA
Manufacturing Operations – Prototyping
As our Prototyping Software Engineer, you will work with multi-disciplinary engineers with backgrounds in AI, mechatronics, computer vision, and robotics. You will liaise with our software organization to align and integrate our various hardware platforms. You will also be supporting teams to build, test, and diagnose the root causes of bugs and errors in order to engineer robust prototyping solutions. You will be challenged to build software and integrate initial hardware prototypes for platform proof of concepts and guide the design needs to maintain a stable development platform.
What you'll need
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of Software development.
- Minimum 3 years of Control System related experience
- Fluency in C / C++
- Strong mathematics skills and understanding of probabilistic techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with modern computer vision techniques
- Extensive experience with programming and algorithm design
- Experience with multi-disciplinary control system architecture
- Experience handling large data sets efficiently
- Technical documentation
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.