Senior Hardware Systems Engineer
Foster City, CA /
Software – Hardware Systems Integration /
Zoox is looking for a hardware systems engineer to join our Platform Systems Engineering team. In this role, you will lead technical efforts to architect, design prototypes, and develop hardware sub-systems that will successfully integrate into Zoox's L3 driving platforms. Candidates should have a strong hardware/electronics background, knowledge of systems architecture, and be capable of leading technical efforts at the system level to improve integration efforts.
This role is essential and fundamental throughout the entire development stage of Zoox's L3 program to ensure that the system is well understood and will operate reliably with margin. We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills and technical expertise in debugging difficult electrical integration issues.
- Engage cross-functionally with hardware, software, safety, manufacturing, and production groups to lead systems requirements development
- Capture systems requirements and work cross-functionally to document specifications for future development programs
- Conduct general electrical engineering and design of electronic systems for autonomous vehicles with cross-functional development teams
- Design and implement circuit boards to enable prototypes, including architecture, component selection, schematic capture, board layout, board bring-up, and documentation
- Drive system integration, assembly procedures, and test procedures
- Troubleshoot complex systems from a hardware and software perspective
- BS or MS in electrical engineering with 5+ years of experience with emphasis on systems-level experience and technical leadership
- Experience using requirements management tools such as Polarion (preferred) or Jama
- Experience using schematic capture and PCB layout tools (Altium desired) designing complex circuit boards including fabrication and board bring-up
- Experience with power electronics (high voltage and low voltage) design and optimization
- Prior digital design and integration experience
- Prior experience delivering complex designs from concept phase through to prototype and production
- Experience with RF and EMI characterization
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.