Hardware Integration Engineer
Foster City, CA
Software – Hardware Software Integration
The Hardware System Integration team at Zoox is responsible for ensuring various hardware subsystems work reliably on our vehicle platform. As the Electrical Integration engineer, you will develop, characterize, and deploy next generation power delivery and data networking systems for autonomous vehicles.
Candidates should have a solid hardware/electronics background and knowledge of system architecture for modern power regulation systems. This role is essential and fundamental throughout the entire development stage of the program to ensure that the system is well understood and will operate reliably with margin. We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills and technical expertise in debugging difficult electrical integration issues.
- Assist the design teams in creating and evaluating designs and concepts
- System-level electrical characterization of vehicle functionality, features, and behaviors
- Integrating subsystem components via the design of custom PCBs
- Characterize electrical parameters (power and signal integrity performance)
- Data and metric gathering, feeding back data to validate theories or models
- Work with cross-functional teams to solve system-level coexistence issues
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Power regulator background or education essential
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Strong background in analog electronics and mixed-signal design
- Experience with ECAD tools (Altium, OrCAD… etc)
- Knowledge of electrical characterization equipment (oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers… etc)
- Optional: Experience with RF and EMI characterization
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.