Public Policy Associate, Local Government Policy and Engagement
Foster City, CA
Safety, Policy, and Regulatory Affairs – Policy & Regulatory Affairs /
The Policy and Regulatory Affairs team at Zoox is a cross-functional organization, responsible for advancing Zoox's public policy and regulatory goals and creating a proactive safety culture across the company.
This role will support the broader team with a focus on representing Zoox before cities, counties, transportation agencies, public safety agencies, other municipal entities, and business and community level organizations in all of the markets where Zoox operates.
The position is at Zoox headquarters in Foster City but will require regular travel to support operations in California, Nevada, Washington State and other states, as needed.
- Track current and emerging political activity and policy developments at the local level in key cities for Zoox
- Develop and maintain relationships with local officials, their staff, regulators, and other key external stakeholders
- Represent Zoox at community and political events
- Support the policy team by developing briefings, researching legislation and managing complex, cross-functional projects
- Work closely with other teams at Zoox, including Legal, Communications and Safety teams, to ensure up-to-date knowledge of company plans and reporting policy/political developments with analysis
- 3+ years of public policy experience within government and/or relevant nonprofits, public interest groups, business, campaigns or industry associations
- Excellent leadership, project management, and organizational skills
- High level research and writing abilities
- Experience advocating policy positions before a wide variety of audiences
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with transportation policy and/or urban planning
- Experience with policy related to AVs, shared/micro mobility, or new technology development and/or bringing a new product to market
- Network or experience outside California
- Proficiency/Fluency in a language besides English
- Advanced Degree (J.D., MBA, MPP, MPA, etc.)
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $112,000 to $161,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.