DSP Engineer - Audio and Speech Processing
Foster City, CA
Engineering – Advanced Hardware
Zoox is looking for an engineer with experience in speech and audio signal processing to join the audio processing team. You will work on developing an end to end system for our audio perception system. You will be expected to work closely with our perception, HMI and sensor teams to develop machine learning and signal processing algorithms for a seamless acoustic experience.
- 2+ years academic or industry experience in designing, choosing and optimizing DSP algorithms related to audio and speech signal processing.
- Experience with machine learning techniques such as deep neural nets (DNN, CNN, LSTM-RNN) and traditional statistical modeling/feature extraction techniques (GMM, HMM, NMF / spectrograms, MFCC etc) for voice recognition and audio event classification.
- Hands on and theoretical background of signal processing techniques including adaptive filtering, filter banks and wavelet processing, speech analysis and synthesis, speech and audio coding.
- Experience in one or more of areas related to acoustic echo cancellation and noise reduction, speech enhancement and speech/audio coding and compression.
- Software development skills in C/C++, Python
- Master's/PhD in a relevant degree (CS/CE, EE, ME etc.)
- Experience in system level end-to-end prototype design and characterization .
- Experience with hardware bring-up, debug and measurements.
- Knowledge of ambisonics and 3D rendering algorithm development.
- Knowledge of acoustic design methods for speakers and microphones.
- Experience in audio and acoustic measurements using standard equipment such as B&K and Head Acoustics.
- Experience in working with digital signal processors, microcontrollers and FPGAs.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.