Validation Engineer - Trim and Lighting
Foster City, CA
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Systems Engineering
In this role you will design, develop, and validate Zoox component and vehicle level environmental test procedures. Integral to your success is an ability to participate in detailed design reviews to drive definition and validation of proper vehicle systems behavior and in program reviews to provide feedback on vehicle performance to release or hold product for production. You will work with the Trim and Lighting engineering team and external suppliers to develop and validate performance of components and systems and validation activities.
- Create vehicle level test plans and conduct test trips according to plan and within budget
- Work with external and in-house test labs and proving grounds to lead testing activities
- Conduct vehicle level environmental tests according to Zoox test plans and test procedures
- Record & analyze data collected during testing
- Conduct vehicle and component inspections after test completion to discover issues generated during testing
- Write test reports to document results of testing and to communicate issues found during testing
- Create “concerns documentation” for corrective action resolution of issues identified during testing
- Drive closure of open issues with assistance of product engineer
- Conduct countermeasure validation testing to approve corrective action resolution
- Review component DVP&R’s plans
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (Other Disciplines considered with experience) with a minimum of 5 years of experience in reliability testing, including environmental and climatic testing.
- Candidates must have the ability and willingness to travel (Up to 25%)
- Experience in operating data acquisition systems (VBox, SoMAT eDAQ, LMS) for data collection of vehicle instrumentation with thermal couples/accelerometers/strain gauges/pressure sensors/load cells/LVDT/etc. desirable
- Ability to post process and analyze data using tools (nCode Glyphworks/Matlab) to validate system performance desirable
- Experience working with various test labs with broad contacts in the field of automotive testing
- Ability to operate and use diagnostic scan tools, scopes, meters, and other test equipment
- Experience with technical documentation in at least 1 full lifecycle vehicle programs to include DVP&R and DFMEA.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.