Platform System Verification and Validation Engineer
Foster City, CA
System Design and Mission Assurance – Verification & Validation /
Zoox’s System Design and Mission Assurance (SDMA) team constructs the Safety Case and validates that our vehicles are safe enough to be deployed for autonomous driving. SDMA enables Zoox to rapidly iterate and safely expand capabilities through trustworthy, innovative, and pragmatic safety engineering. As a Platform System Verification and Validation Engineer at Zoox, you will be working as part of a multidisciplinary team to develop and test systems that enable and support our robotaxi, including the safety of closures, body, thermal, and lighting systems.
The Platform System Verification & Validation Engineer will have strong technical skills, and a deep understanding of functional safety technical solutions and verification techniques based on ISO 26262 or similar standards. You will be responsible for the verification strategy, safety requirements test report, and full system safety validation for Non-Motion Systems of the Robot.
In this role, you will:
- Design effective and efficient test programs to achieve test coverage and full system validation of safety requirements and scenarios, drawing on: analysis, simulation, HIL testing, and vehicle testing
- Analyze system requirements to understand the safety concept and define test methodology
- Design, develop, and operate test equipment and test automation infrastructure
- Develop and execute the technical and logistical planning of tests including cross-functional coordination with other teams: systems engineering, firmware, vehicle engineering, operations, software HIL, and AI software
- Troubleshoot and debug issues in the field, and trace failures to subsystems and components
- Perform test data analysis and report test results. Define and develop automated data extraction and analysis tools to streamline analysis and reporting
- Maintain traceability between requirements, test cases, and results
- Create automated HIL tests and contribute to test automation frameworks using python
- Define the safety-relevant electrical hardware and software configuration across the autonomous robot
- Participate in change control board reviews of hardware and software changes to evaluate safety impact
- B.S. or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related degree
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in Engineering Process Development or Quality Management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency with scripting and/or systems programming languages: Python, C, or C++
- Possesses excellent EQ with an empathetic communication style that fosters connection, collaboration and motivation
- Bonus Qualifications
- Experience with an autonomous vehicle development company, an automotive company, or their suppliers
- Experience with Python testing frameworks (Pytest, robot, etc.)
- Familiar with communication protocols and tools: Ethernet, CAN, LIN
- Familiar with dSPACE Simulink integration of dynamic systems
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $141,000 to $202,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to email@example.com or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.