Technical Program Manager - AI Verification
Foster City, CA /
System Design and Mission Assurance – Autonomy Software Analysis Tools /
Zoox is on an ambitious journey to develop a full-stack autonomous mobility solution for cities. We are seeking a technical program manager who will help drive the development of the safety analysis tools and infrastructure needed to unlock this future.
In this role, you will work across software and safety teams to decompose the high-level strategy into tactical plans that facilitate execution at the engineering team level. You must have strong technical skills and demonstrate intrinsic ownership of projects you work on. You will also develop project schedules, identify milestones, flag risks, estimate budgets, and clearly communicate ongoing progress. It is your job to ensure that all engineering groups are coordinated, understand their priorities, and are on track to deliver on our milestones on time and on budget.
- Translate the top-down corporate strategy and milestones into detailed product roadmaps, timelines, and deliverables with department leaders
- Define and track resource requirements (headcount and budget) with cross-functional leaders and Finance teams
- Ensure every team understands what they need to deliver at all times
- Establish standard reports to provide concise and effective communications to key stakeholders on program status, issues/risks, and accomplishments
- Ensure problems are transparent and risks are identified
- Proactively mitigate and retire risk with engineering teams
- BS or MS degree in engineering or computer science or equivalent job experience
- 5+ years of experience in program management of technical programs
- Deep familiarity with agile software development processes
- Strong track record of managing complex cross-functional projects
- Strong references that highlight your ability to build strong working relationships with senior leaders and engineers across functions and departments
- An ability to keep the big picture in focus and to provide clear, well-structured, and concise communications tailored to each appropriate audience
- Experience with pipeline infrastructures, machine learning or simulation
- Experience with safety critical or high integrity systems
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.