Software Engineer - Firmware Tools
Foster City, CA
Software – Embedded Software & Systems Integration
As a Software Engineer on the Firmware Validation team, you will be responsible for writing software to make it easier for engineers to write tests by designing software with the firmware team to integrate internal and external tools for automated firmware testing, manufacturing testing, integration, prototyping, and development. This role requires a candidate passionate about automation using both existing test frameworks as well as developing new ones. The ideal candidate has proven experience developing cross-platform software with continuous integration and deployment techniques in a team environment.
At Zoox, you will also collaborate with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds in areas such as AI, robotics, mechatronics, planning, machine learning, controls, localization, computer vision, rendering, simulation, distributed computing, and design.
- Develop automation software for an automated validation framework
- Research, develop, and maintain software tools for manufacturing, service, validation, and development
- Integrate tester software systems with server infrastructure
- Design and implement automated test framework optimizations
- B.S. in relevant engineering discipline
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive attitude, team player and ability to quickly adapt to changes
- Object-Oriented Programming experience (Python preferred)
- Experience building cross-platform software with source control (Git)
- Experience with databases (PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment systems
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.