Foster City, CA
Finance – Legal
Zoox is looking for an energetic, self-starting immigration paralegal to join our growing legal team and Zoox’s mission to create the first ground-up and purpose-built autonomous vehicle mobility service. In this role, you will serve as the primary point of contact for all immigration related issues.
This role will be Zoox’s first dedicated role for immigration and will work closely with our human resources, talent, and legal teams.
- Prepare US immigrant and non-immigrant filings for submission to various government entities, including the US Department of Labor, US Department of State, and the US Department of Homeland Security (USCIS, CBP, etc.);
- Gather, review, analyze, and prepare eligibility/employment-based sponsorship documents, as well as communicate recommended potential immigration options
- Assist candidates and employees with immigration issues and processes
- Work with, and manage, outside counsel on immigration filings
- Establish internal processes and best practices regarding sponsorship policies and immigration processing
- 5+ years of work experience preparing employment-based US immigrant and non-immigrant filings, including H-1Bs, L-1A/L-1Bs, E-3s, TNs, J-1’s, O-1’s , PERM applications, and EB-2 and EB-3 I-140 petitions.
- Experience guiding individuals through the adjustment of status process.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with significant room for innovation and decision-making.
- Proven record of juggling multiple projects at once and delivering on time.
- Great judgment and the ability to work flexibly with a variety of teams.
- Being inquisitive, willing to learn new things, and able to take the initiative to solve problems without being told to do so.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).