Firmware Validation Engineer - Core Firmware
Foster City, CA /
Software – Embedded Software & Systems Integration /
Zoox is looking for a core validation engineer who will be responsible for validating the core firmware team's code. This involves measuring non-disruptive OS metrics and developing thresholds and reporting strategies for when these metrics change. In this role, you will work with an established team for fitting these types of tests into the larger validation framework, as well as hardware and software support.
- Write comprehensive test plans based on requirements
- Develop and implement automated tests on complex embedded systems and real-time Linux systems
- Review tests written by teammates
- Assist with test prioritization
- Develop and utilize non-disruptive OS-level metrics collection technology
- BS in relevant engineering discipline
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive attitude, team player, and ability to quickly adapt to changes
- Object-oriented programming experience (C++ and Python preferred)
- Experience writing code with source control (Git)
- Experience with OS-level metrics collection
- Experience with Linux networking
- Experience with Python testing frameworks (Robot, pytest, etc.)
- Experience with continuous integration/deployment systems
- Experience with automotive ethernet
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.