Drive Unit Lead Engineer
Foster City, CA
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Systems Engineering
The Drive Unit Lead will be responsible for leading supplier engagement on the inverter, motor, and gearbox development to deliver on a complete drive unit system specifically designed for autonomous mobility. The role requires 10+ years of mechanical engineering knowledge, managing a project from concept to manufacturing development. Previous experience in electric motor integration is highly desired.
- Lead supplier engagement specific to the inverter, motor, and gearbox development
- Lead the design and development of internal proof of concept prototypes
- Manage testing and validation of the electric drive unit
- Manage system-specific BOM, documentation, and approving build processes
- Support quality and cost engineering
- Ensure high-quality engineering and on-time completion of projects
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of powertrain experience with demonstrable production implementations
- Experience in gearbox design
- Demonstrated experience as a subject matter expert in HV drive systems
- Experience with 3D design and PLM tools, CATIA 3DX or CATIA V5 preferred
- Project management experience
- Experience with requirements management tools (Polarion or equivalent)
- Experience in power electronics integration
- Vector tool chain experience (CANape)
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.