Audio Post Production Engineer
Foster City, CA
Product & Experience – Sonic Development
Zoox is looking for an experienced Audio Post Production Engineer. Candidates must have a history of working on iconic sonic experiences of a high caliber, including (but not limited to) mass market games, app sounds, film, and TV. The role combines functional sound design thinking, optimizing content for highly specific speaker arrangements, proprietary hardware, and a variety of 3D spatial audio formats. The candidate must have a proven ability to break new ground. Candidates must have a core understanding of Interaction Sound design, how it impacts people and their experiences, and a passion for pushing the boundaries of sonic experiences. You will be involved in all aspects of the sound design process, from concept to interaction and refinement, to preparing and implementing assets, to testing performance and approving designs for public release. Candidates must be able to work autonomously as well as collaborate closely with team members and product groups while leading complex projects through to completion. Strong communication skills are essential to this role.
- 3D spatial mixing
- Beamformed audio mixing
- Optimizing sound performance for complex noise environments
- Preparing content for vehicle trigger architecture
- Audio editing, working with DAW environments
- Mixing, testing and improving dynamic range and frequency response of audio assets to be optimized for very specific speaker systems
- Managing workflows with complex signal routing for various encoding destinations
- 4+ years experience with Spatial Audio, including 3OA, VBIP, KNN, and Wavefield Synthesis
- 8+ years post-production experience including mixing and mastering
- Diverse backgrounds welcome to apply: games, apps, film, television, and others
- Kyma experience a plus
- Computer programming background a plus
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.