Hardware Systems Validation Engineer
Foster City, CA /
Software – Hardware Systems Integration /
The Systems Integration and Validation team at Zoox is responsible for defining and validating functional requirements for sub-systems within Zoox's Level-3 and Level-5 vehicles. The team is responsible for validating end-to-end functionality and characterizing performance of sub-systems, including hardware, firmware and software. The team works closely with other engineering teams to clearly define functional sub-system requirements and ensures complete validation is performed
for Zoox's vehicle platforms.
- Multidisciplinary engineer, interacting with system architects, hardware designers, software developers, and systems integration to maintain expert understanding of sub-systems
- Experience working with automotive electronics
- Define and review sub-system test specifications with engineering teams
- Develop and execute comprehensive system and sub-system level test plans
- Invent tools to execute tests and evaluate results efficiently
- Develop test setups to integrate sub-systems with HIL or vehicle platforms
- Investigate field issues through data analysis and issue reproduction, including instrumentation of hardware and digging into source code
- Continuously look for ways to improve functionality in accordance with Zoox product requirements
- BS degree in Electrical, Computer or Systems Engineering with practical software engineering experience
- Hands-on technical experience debugging complex systems involving networked microprocessors and software-controlled electrical or electromechanical devices
- Experience with Python or other scripting languages
- Experience developing automated test fixtures and systems
- Experience analyzing and parsing data
- Minimum 2 years’ experience utilizing the essential skills above
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.