Project Manager, Body & Closures Engineering
Foster City, CA
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Systems Engineering
As a member of the Body & Closures team, you will have the opportunity to come on board at the start of the development of the next generation of mobility vehicles. As the Project Manager you will work with engineering teams to develop project schedules, identify milestones, flag risks, estimate budgets, and clearly communicate on-going progress.
You will work to ensure successful delivery of systems and assemblies, from conception through to start of production. Crucial to this success will be working with Zoox’s supplier network while maintaining a lean and agile cross functional team in-house. You will use your knowledge, experience and organizational skill to support the delivery of the Body system content in line with overall program targets for cost, time and quality. You will communicate clearly and regularly within the Body team and with others - inside and outside of Zoox - to ensure cross-functional and cross-company alignment.
- Develop and maintain schedules for product development, release, production and validation.
- Track and forecast development costs against budget.
- Track program and system level deliverables across the body and closures team and facilitate on-time delivery.
- Maintain and communicate system level status reports and escalate when necessary.
- Manage inbound prototype material for development builds.
- Identify and track program risk and work cross-functionally to mitigate as far as possible.
- BS or MS degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in engineering or program management - experience in an automotive development environment is a plus.
- Prior experience working with tier one suppliers.
- Strong track-record in managing complex cross-functional projects.
- Proficient in tools required to manage complex projects (i.e. Gantt charts).
- Ability to keep the big picture in focus and to provide clear, well-structured, and concise communications tailored to each appropriate audience.
- Ability to manage confidential information.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.