Project Manager, Body Engineering
Foster City, CA
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Systems Engineering
As a member of the Body and Exterior Systems team, you will have the opportunity to come on board at the start of the development of the next generation of mobility vehicles. As the Project Manager for Body Structures, you will work across all aspects of the body including the body-in- white structures, crash structures, underbody, surface technologies and the integration of these systems into an brand new vehicle architecture.
As an individual, or as the lead, you will work to ensure successful delivery of systems and assemblies, from conception through to start of production. Crucial to this success will be driving and managing key relationships with Zoox’s supplier network while Zoox maintains a lean and agile cross functional team in-house. You will use your knowledge to direct the technical effort, your expertise to ground the team and your excellent communication and inter-personal skills to motivate and lead as we take a new path to redefine a traditional and well established industry.
- Manage the delivery of the body structure (body in black) for the Zoox L5 Vehicle program
- Manage target delivery
- Define requirements, specifications of body systems to achieve best in class performance in structural, weight, NVH and crash performance
- Establish body structure system architecture
- Undertake feasibility and prototype testing of novel body solutions
- Conceptualize, design, engineer and release, develop and launch body systems and components
- Validate performance of body systems
- Engage and inform the studio engineering process from the point of view of body systems, specifically the body-in- white
- BS or MS degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in engineering or program management - experience in an automotive development environment is a plus
- Experience with electro-mechanical systems development and manufacturing processes.
- Prior experience working with tier one suppliers.
- Strong track-record in managing complex cross-functional projects.
- Proficient in tools required to manage complex projects (i.e. Gantt charts).
- Ability to keep the big picture in focus and to provide clear, well-structured, and concise communications tailored to each appropriate audience.
- Ability to manage confidential information.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.